All students applying for an Office of Facilities Engineering and Operations Internship opportunity must apply using the Smithsonian On-line Academic Appointment System (SOLAA).
- Submit an on-line application.
- 1-2 page essay that states your interest in the opportunity, your background, learning objectives and chosen project.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
In general internship durations will follow the schedule below however, there is room for flexibility.
Winter: 4 weeks
Spring: 12 weeks
Summer: 10-16 weeks
Eligibility & Qualifications for Prospective OFEO Interns:
- Must be in good academic standing at college/university
- Most require English proficiency in written and oral communication.
- Must submit complete application package through SOLAA
- Must pass background investigation
- Must provide and verify housing for term of internship
- Must provide proof or citizenship or F-1 Visa
- Must have a bank account for direct deposit of stipend payments
Deadlines: Completed applications should be received no later than the dates listed below.
Spring 2015: October 1, 2014
Summer 2015: February 2, 2015
Visit our other programs -
Smithsonian Gardens Internships
Office of Facilities Management
and Reliability Internships
OFEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer